CANA (Climate Action Network Australia) is a network of over 70 Australia non-government groups working for action on climate change. It is the Australian arm of Climate Action Network International.
In addition we became part of the processes established to work on joint domestic and international advocacy with other CANA members, and can participate fully in the annual conference.
- To provide a forum for members to work together on campaigns and projects to reduce Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions to ecologically sustainable levels;
- To formulate and promote policies to reduce Australia’s greenhouse gas emissions and to ensure that Australia is part of the international agreements to make the pollution reductions necessary to avoid and mitigate climate change;
- To encourage co-operation and develop strategic alliances to help advance the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions;
- To encourage the active involvement and interest of the Australian community in campaigns to reduce Australia’s impact on the atmosphere;
- To represent Australia and contribute to the objects and purposes of the Climate Acton Network International as documented in the CAN Charter