Solar – Accessing the MCPH Solar Program
Rooftop Solar PV is now very affordable, reducing your energy bills and lowering your carbon emissions
Access to discounted solar
Lighter Footprints have arranged for residents of Boroondara, Chisholm, Higgins and surrounds to access special discounts on solar PV products, including panels, batteries and inverters, through the Metro Community Power Hub’s Solar Program, led by the Yarra Energy Foundation (YEF).
- Independent advice from experienced not-for-profit project officers
- Save research time on choosing the best products and set-up
- Up to 20% discount with solar program access
- Suppliers and installers with a good track record, with the program already running successfully in the City of Yarra.
Many people wish to install solar, but face difficult decisions in deciding the type and size of installations or finding a supplier. The Metro Community Power Hub (MCPH) Solar Program offers choice, advice, support, and access to trusted relationships.
Book into our solar information night, Nov 3, Make Solar Easy here.
Many of our members have added or upgraded their solar PV. Check out some of their stories here.
If you are interested in receiving more information about solar, connecting with the MCPH Solar Program, or receiving a solar quote please register your interest in the form below
Metropolitan Community Power Hub
Lighter Footprint is excited to be part of the new, State supported, urban Metropolitan Community Power Hub, led by Yarra Energy Foundation (YEF), along with other nine inner city community climate groups.
Inner city communities have more tenanted buildings, and less space for solar or other renewable energy installations. “This new ‘Metro Hub’ can address some of these challenges and involve more people in the energy transition while unlocking more community-owned energy projects across the metropolitan area,” said Mr Dean Kline, YEF’s CEO.
“We’ve seen incredible momentum for renewables in Australia, but many on the frontlines of the energy transition still need guidance and technical support.”
- Access to the MCPH Solar Program
- Energy Literacy – helping residents lower energy bill costs
- MCPH/Yarra have been granted pilot funding for a community batteries trial – visit Lighter Footprints Community Batteries information page
- Get Off Gas Campaign – visit Lighter Footprints information page on moving to cleaner, safer affordable electric homes
Sign up in the form below for further information, and to be kept up to date about the MCPH.
Metro Community Power Hub
- More information about the new Metropolitan Community Power Hub
- Read the MCPH Solar Program page here
- Yarra Energy Foundation to lead first Metro Community Power Hub
- State Government press release on new Community Power Hubs
- State Government Community Power Hubs website
Yarra Energy Foundation
- How to buy solar – general information page
- Solar batteries information page
- Yarra Energy Foundation wins NBI funding for community battery trial
- YEF website with information, advice and buyer’s guides
Australian Energy Foundation
- New to solar guides including batteries
- Buyers guide to solar
- Australia Energy Foundation website: advice, guides, success stories
- Making the switch – information on moving away from gas to cleaner, safer affordable electric homes
- Why do people put on solar? Check our Solar Stories blog here
Lighter Footprints has arranged access for Boroondara residents to the MCPH Solar Program, which offers discounted prices with trusted suppliers. However, please note that whilst Lighter Footprints has endeavoured to ensure all information is correct, individual circumstances will vary and it is important that you undertake your own research to best cater for your preferences and situation.