Lighter Footprints (LF) recognises the privacy concerns of individuals and seeks to operate in a way that not only acknowledges privacy but also protects it. Whilst all reasonable measures are taken to ensure your safety and privacy, users are advised that there are always inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet.
- LF does not and will not sell, rent or share our database.
- LF collects personal information to help us meet our goals of pursuing climate and environmental awareness and action in our community.
- This may pertain to campaigns, membership, volunteering and communication or other work.
LF may disclose information about specific members:
- in accordance with their clearly expressed preferences about the ways in which they are prepared to assist LF achieve its objectives, and/or
- if there is a legal requirement to do so.
LF does not insist on individuals identifying themselves, respecting the right to remain anonymous where possible. Our system does require, where necessary, names and email addresses to be entered. However, please email our Co-Convenors firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries or concerns.
Like most web sites, when someone accesses LF’s web site, log files and cookies are generated by the web server that show the IP address of the visitor and the date, time, and pages visited. Information in web logs is used solely to generate statistics about access to our site such as which parts of our site are the most popular.
Security of Personal Information
LF keeps its database and other personal information on servers which take measures against unauthorised access. Proof of identity is required before information is released to any person, including a member in their roles as a website or campaign volunteer.
Access, Correction, Update or Deletion of Personal Information
If you want to see what information LF holds about you, or to correct or update this information, or to be removed from our database and/or mailing list, please contact us.