Help the Chisholm #VoteClimate campaign
Clean energy – more jobs, and lowered bills. Let’s get on with it!
If we invest in renewables and clean energy exports:
- 395,000 clean export jobs and $89 billion in new trade through to 2040 with stronger clean energy exports investment – EY/WWF Clean Energy Exports report
- A threefold jobs increase compared to spending on fossil fuel projects – 2020 Ernst & Young report
- Doubling renewables jobs by 2025 with strong policy settings – Clean Energy at Work report
Moving to clean energy will reduce energy bills and it’s better for the planet
- Annual household savings of $5000 from moving from all-electric homes and cars, A modest investment in the next 5 years ($12b) would reap over $300bn savings through to 2035 – Rewiring Australia’s Castles and Cars report
- Solar and wind continue to be cheapest form of new power generation in Australia – CSIRO GenCost 2021 report
- A gas-free home is safer for our families. It’s time to move to cleaner, affordable electric appliances. Download our Making the Shift brochure with links here
A problem – our politicians are stuck on coal and gas
Even though Australia has world leading solar and wind resources, and massive potential for renewables-led exports, our government still is promoting gas expansion with over 100 fossil fuel projects in the pipeline with a total emissions potential equal to an eye-watering 5% of global industrial emissions.
Time is running out. The rest of the world has got the message and is moving fast.
We don’t want to be left behind.
We have to shift our politics!
Chisholm is sitting on a knife edge
Chisholm is one of the most Federal marginal seats – sitting on a wafer thin margin of 0.57%. Our politicians are holding us back from taking the necessary action on climate change for a safe, more prosperous future.
Voters need accurate information about candidates’ climate policies, minus the spin. Check our our independent climate and integrity Chisholm Candidate Scorecard here, including links to candidate published policies.
Let’s make climate #1 in Chisholm!
Do you have an hour or so to spare on Friday mornings?
Join us outside Syndal station at the Corner of Backburn Road and Coleman Parade 7.30am to 8.45am, catching the morning rush traffic, as we ramp up our demands for clean energy and faster climate action, and build support for our #VoteClimate campaign.
The next Federal election is right here, and we need volunteers
The window for action on climate is closing rapidly. Even in conservative electorates, the vast majority of Australians want faster climate action.
The government must be forced to put the interests of Australians ahead that of large fossil fuel donors. That means strong electoral pressure.
It’s time to shift our politics!
- We are grateful for people who can put their hand up for phone calling, hosting placards, flyer distribution, pre-poll and polling day.
- You can also help out at home, with social media, publicity and calling volunteers!
There are many ways you can help in our upcoming elections. Sign up in the form below!
Donate to our Vote Climate campaign!
Let’s make climate the number one issue in Chisholm.
You can donate to our #VoteClimate campaign here.
Eastern Climate Action Melbourne (ECAM)
ECAM, Lighter Footprints and other local climate groups are running the #VoteClimate campaign in Chisholm in the 2022 Federal election.
- Chisholm Candidate Scorecard information page
- Blog on the Chisholm Vote Climate campaign
- Lighter Footprints blog on Vote Climate action.
This page is authorised by Lighter Footprints Inc, Register Number A0095302A, Kew Victoria